I recently discovered that using a stand up desk option periodically throughout the day is just what I needed to stay productive and reduce my sitting time during the workday. Wow, why didn’t I think of this sooner!
Things I like about having a standing desk
- The option to stand up without disrupting productivity or thought process
- Increased alertness and focus; especially during longer duration projects
- More focus on posture and core strength while standing v. sitting
- The opportunity to burn more calories than sitting – definite plus!
- Medical research suggests that getting up from your desk chair and standing for a period of time is beneficial for overall health – another check in the plus column!
Two tips I learned from experience
- Invest in an anti-fatigue mat to cushion your feet and make standing easier on your body
- Ask an ergonomics expert to help you get set up correctly
Incorporating a stand up desk option into my office space has been a welcome addition - one which I am sure to enjoy for many years to come!