From stretch breaks in the middle of business meetings to fresh fruit deliveries to the office, from walking meetings on the nature trail to healthy options in the break room, we take wellness pretty seriously. In fact, we’re even taking it to YouTube. Workplace wellness programs provide the access, opportunity, support and encouragement for all employees to actively participate in improving their health. What exactly is workplace wellness at The Center? It starts with a core value that supports work/life balance. This important firm value is our springboard. Our program is built on the following foundation:
- Create an employee driven Wellness Committee
- Identify Center team members who are either mentors or champions for healthy activities
- Conduct a needs and interest survey
- Post healthy tips on a bulletin board
- Promote messages from national health organizations
- Provide workshops on relaxation, stress management, exercise, nutrition, and work/life balance topics
Our first priority is to create a healthy environment for Center team members. But in pursuit of our goal with innovative programs and employee engagement, we attracted the attention of the Blue Care Network Healthy Blue Living marketing group. They liked what we were doing so much that the interviewed several team members including Gerri Harmer, Jennie Bauder, Tim Wyman, Troy Wyman and Laurie Renchik. The YouTube videos they created will help spread the word about some of the successful programs we support. Promoting work/life balance for all Center team members is a goal we take seriously!