Fall is in the air. The hot days of summer are behind us. It’s getting darker earlier and kids have headed back-to-school. Saturdays are filled with non-stop college football and Sundays the NFL. With all those distractions, it’s easy to miss some important dates that are quickly approaching, but we want to make sure you don’t. So, don’t forget:
October 1, 2012:
- Deadline to establish SIMPLE IRA Plan for the 2012 Plan Year
- Deadline to set up a new Safe-Harbor 401(k) plan for 2012 plan year
- If you attain age 50 or over on or before December 31, 2012 October is a good time to consider making pre-tax catch-up contributions to your 401(k) - up to $5500 for 2012.
October 15, 2012:
- Self-employed business owners have until October 15 to establish a SEP IRA for 2012
- Last day to re-characterize your Roth IRA conversion if there is a loss
- Medicare open enrollment begins, ending Friday December 7th
- Final day to file your tax return if you have an extension
For help with any of these, please contact your Center planner for additional information. Then you can get back to enjoying fall for all its worth!