The Center takes pride in serving our communities, our profession and each other. Below you’ll find the many organizations supported by our team’s volunteer efforts.
- Sandy Adams, CFP was appointed to the Board of Visitors for the Institute of Gerontology (IOG) at Wayne State University and also serves on the Legal and Financial Advisory committee for the IOG as well as a liaison to the Board of Visitors for the last two years.
- Marilyn Gunther, CFP serves the Board of her community foundation in North Carolina
- Sandy Adams, CFP and Julie Hall, CFP led Junior Achievement activities.
- Dan Boyce, CFP served on the Governing Board of an elementary charter school, as well as continuing on the Board of Trustees of Prescott College.
- Laurie Renchik, CFP and Tim Wyman, CFP participated in Leadership Oakland and Melissa Joy participated in Inforum’s Executive Leadership program.
- The Center proudly supported the local community and Gleaner’s Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan through the celebration of food, wine and art! The 9th Annual Vine & Dine, hosted by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce.
- Matt Chope, CFP offered his thoughts on what it means to leave a Legacy of Value as part of the The Youth Diversity Symposium annual event developed by the Southfield Community Foundation.
- Carrying on a proud Center legacy (and following in Marilyn Gunther’s, CFP footsteps), Sandy Adams, CFP was appointed to the Board of Personal Financial Education Services, an Ann Arbor based non-profit organization with a mission of promoting personal financial education in Michigan and beyond and to empower youth and adults to build more stable financial futures through financial education.
- Dan Boyce, CFP continued his leadership at the Institute for Sustainable Social Change in Prescott, AZ.
- Betsey Schrock, Bookkeeper/Office Manager, was elected president of Stagecrafters, a large community theatre organization located at the Baldwin theatre in Royal Oak.
- Troy Wyman, CFP was elected to the Board of Directors of the Financial Planning Association of Michigan and to the executive board of the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce.
- Melissa Joy, CFP began serving on the Business Development Committee for Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings.
To find out more please feel free to contact the team member aligned with your organization of interest.