Streetside Seafood, one of the participating restaurants of Vine & Dine 2013, does a cooking segment on Fox 2 News. Learn how to make Rockefeller Oysters from the chef of Birmingham's Streetside Seafood. Center for Financial Planning, Inc. is the presenting sponsor of the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber's Vine & Dine 2013 Gala benefiting Gleaner's Community Food Bank of Southeast Michigan.
Rockefeller Filling - Yield 16 Coated Oysters
- .5 # Bacon
- .5 C Spanish onion, fine dice
- 1 ounce Sambuca or Pernod
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- .25 # Spinach (rough chop)
- .5 C Shredded parmesan cheese
- .25 C Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- .5 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- In a medium sauce pot, render bacon until slightly crisp. About 5 minutes on medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Flambe with Sambuca. Cook until alcohol burns off.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped spinach, cheese, and breadcrumbs and reduce until slightly thick. About 3-4 minutes.
- Place filling on a sheet tray and refrigerate. Once cooled, generously coat each shucked oyster to cover. Top with a little of the parmesan cheese.
- Place oysters on a baking sheet with topping and cheese and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 5-7 minutes. Place oysters on a serving platter and garnish with a lemon wedge and cocktail fork.