Before we turn the page and welcome a new year, we want to share our look back at 2013 inside The Center. From our Client Survey, we heard that you wanted to hear how The Center is doing from time to time. Well, thanks to our long term and loyal clients, a dedicated team, our new business development focus, and last but not least, favorable equity markets, The Center experienced an exceptional 2013.
A Record-Setting Year
Providing world-class service to our EXISTING clients is always priority number one. We serve 785 individuals & families representing record assets under our management of $847M as of December 27, 2013 up from $733M at the start of the year.
A Year of Goodbyes
We have been fortunate to earn the loyalty of team members as well as clients. We take tremendous pride in providing a great workplace – and the longevity of team members shows it. That said, 2013 might just be known as the “year of the retirement”. We said goodbye (as team member but not as friend or client) to Marilynn Levin, Betsey Schrock, and Brenda Spencer.
And A Year of Hellos
In 2013 we made the decision to increase the depth of our financial planning staff and feel very fortunate to have attracted Nick Defenthaler and Matt Trujillo to the firm in July. We also took the opportunity to add to our client service team with the addition of Kali Hassinger.
- Our Center family continued to grow as Melissa and Jeff Joy welcomed Josie to their now family of 4 and Jennie and Kelly Bauder welcomed Emma.
- The Center held its First Annual Family Picnic emceed by Dan Boyce and his friendly bullhorn.
- Part of our Vision 2020 includes boosting our community involvement. This year we teamed up with Gleaners Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan and the Community Housing Network. We rolled up our sleeves and volunteered at the Gleaners food distribution center and helped sponsor Gleaners’ Vine and Dine fundraiser. We held a pro bono group presentation and one-on-one meetings with the staff of Community Housing Network as part of our “Helping Those That Help Others” initiative.
- To help educate clients, we held events on topics such as Medicare and Investments.
- And to add to the overall ambiance at The Center, we upgraded our Client Conference room table, chairs, and TV for both comfort and use of technology in meetings.
As a privately held firm we value our independence, as it allows us to be stewards to our clients, colleagues, financial planning community, and the communities we touch. All Center members have both the opportunity and responsibility to help create the kind of organization we envision. Our firm partners provide additional leadership and mentoring; perform at a high level consistent with our Firm values and have a financial commitment to the firm. Current partners include: Dan Boyce, Matt Chope, Marilyn Gunther, Melissa Joy, and Tim Wyman. As of January 2014 we proudly welcome Sandy Adams and Laurie Renchik as partners.