Sandra D. Adams, CFP® is a Lead Financial Planner and Partner with Center for Financial Planning, Inc. ®. She works with individuals and families to create customized and actionable financial plans that can be implemented easily by breaking them into simple steps (and with the assistance of a professional partner). Sandy specializes in elder care planning, allowing her to work with entire generations of families: older adults, their children and grandchildren. Sandy is also trained to work with those going through any kind of stressful life and/or money transition, including those dealing with a death of a spouse, loss of a spouse due to divorce, loss or change of job, change of career, sale of a business, generational wealth transfers, etc.
Sandy joined The Center team in 1996, giving her over 20 years of experience in the financial planning industry. She works most closely with team members Josh Bitel within the firm’s financial planning department and Emily Lucido within the Client Service Department.
- Bachelor of Science, Eastern Michigan University
- Master’s Degree, Gerontology, Eastern Michigan University
- Certificate of Financial Planning, American College
- Series 7 and Series 63 Securities Licenses
- State of Michigan Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Graduate, Leadership Oakland Class of XXV
- FPA of Michigan
- Served on Board of Directors for 7 years, including 2 years as Board President
- Currently serves on Symposium Planning Committee
- Currently Serves on the Board of Visitors for the Wayne State University Institute of Gerontology
- Currently Serves on the Planning Committee -- Joint Alzheimer’s Association/WSU Institute of Gerontology Fall Conference
- Frequent speaker for the MICPA, WSU IOG and other public and professional groups on elder care topics
- Frequently quoted in professional publications, most notably on elder care topics. Has contributed as a writer/author to articles in the Journal for Financial Planning and Practical Compliance and Risk Management.
- Sandy is a regular volunteer for the WSU Institute of Gerontology and Alzheimer’s Association, amongst other local non-profit organizations.
Personally, Sandy enjoys travelling and being active with her husband Eddie and her two children, Faith and Zach.