Matt Trujillo, CFP® is a Lead Financial Planner with Center for Financial Planning, Inc. ®. In addition to meeting with clients, Matt is a member of The Center’s Investment Committee, and a frequent blog contributor on various financial planning and investment related topics. Matt joined The Center team in 2013 and has been involved in the financial planning profession for over a decade.
Personally, Matt enjoys many hobbies, but greatest amongst them is his love for chess. Matt is the former state of Michigan chess champion in 2010 (class E) and 2011 (class B), and currently teaches chess classes for K-8 in his spare time.
Matt currently resides in South Lyon with his wife Diane and two sons Luke and Gavin.
Areas of Focus and Interest
- Pro-active tax planning and managing tax liability for the next 3-5 years
- Re-creating a tax-efficient paycheck for clients in retirement
- Social Security maximization
- Pension analysis and maximization
- Portfolio decumulation
- Investment management and identifying how much risk is necessary to achieve specific stated financial goals
Education & Licensing:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certificate of Financial Planning, College for Financial Planning
- Series 7 and Series 66 Securities Licenses
- State of Michigan Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Eastern Michigan University
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Michigan: NexGen Committee – a group of financial planners under the age of 37 who are committed to leading the financial planning profession in the right direction
- Metro Detroit Financial & Estate Planning Council: Events committee volunteer
Raymond James does not provide tax services. Please be sure to discuss tax matters with the appropriate professional.