Contributed by: Clare Lilek
The Raymond James Investor Access mobile app continues to get more convenient for its users. As long as you have the most up-to-date version of the Apple or Android application, you can now use it to deposit checks into your Raymond James accounts. You can deposit a check into almost any retirement and brokerage account that is linked to your Investor Access—only SIMPLE IRAs, pledged, and minor accounts are not included in this feature. You simply choose the destination of the account, enter in the check amount, and then snap a picture of the front and back of the check and the check will be deposited to your account!
Deposit limits correspond to the monetary size of your Raymond James relationship. See this handy chart below to know your daily deposit limit:
Helpful Tips and Exceptions
- Checks you can NOT deposit include:
- Fee payments
- Foreign Checks
- Rollover Checks
- Account Starter Checks
- Please send any of these above types of checks to us, and we can deposit them for you.
- IRA Contributions
- You can deposit these checks using the mobile check deposit
- During January up until tax day, you will be able to choose your contribution year (current or prior year)
- The app will not let you contribute over the allowed amount
- 3rd party checks are available for deposit
If you have any questions on using this new feature, check out the FAQ page from Raymond James.
The mobile check deposit feature on the Investor Access App is for your convenience. If you don’t have Investor Access, you can enroll here. When in doubt, however, feel free to send your checks our way and we will deposit them in the correct account on the day we receive them. We are always happy to help you with our friendly and traditional in-person service – let us know how we can help you!
Clare Lilek is a Challenge Detroit Fellow / Client Service Associate at Center for Financial Planning, Inc.®